1/06/2014

Mindoro.


So I found my way, and spend 2 days on white beach with my friend Sandra, I really enjoyed the time with her, and I even got a little tanned for the first time since I got here.

The trip from Caticlan to Puerto Galera was the longest ever, first of all I was up all night the 2nd of January, so I was supposed to get the 8 am boat, but feel asleep, so I got up at 8am, tried to caught the 10am boat but of course that one was cancelled, so had to take the next which where 12. But as it is here in the Philippines, they NEVER stick to time, so the boat left the port 1,5 hour later than it was supposed to. The trip to Roxas took 4,5 hours, luckily enough I meet a group of Danish guys on the boat, which I had a lot of fun with.
When we came to Roxas, we had to take a van to Puerto Galera. Of course the price started very high with 6500p to rent the whole, but I knew that the only reason why the price where so high was because we where white. Thanks God my Tagalog skills is getting better and better for everyday, so I used the most important sentence you should know here: ‘’Wlang tawad po?’’ which means, ‘’isn’t there any discount?’’  - of course all the pinoy’s at the port got chocked, since the white girl started to speak Tagalog, but it helped, and we got the price down to 4500p. The trip with van was supposed to take 5 hours, but our driver was driving so fast that it only took 3,5.

What can I say about Puerto Galera (white beach)?


Well there is a beach, its white. The hotels there are okay, the food is okay too, nothing special. The nightlife dies around 1am, there is a bunch of lady boys, I actually think they own that place. There are a lot of water activities like banana boat, diving, jetski etc. Which is much more cheap than Boracay. And since I always wanted to try the jetski I actually went for a ride. I need one of those in the future.


After spending 2 nights there, me and my friend went to the occidental side of Mindoro to visit her parents, I stayed there over night, and then I took a ferry to Batangas, bus to Manila and a cab home.


Its good to be back in the city, eventho’ im only gonna be here for 2 days before heading to the Province to visit my family for 2 weeks. ‘’Well, welcome to my life in a suitcase’’

Life is good, God is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment