12/31/2013

First post ..


Sooooo, first post and I already feel like I suck at this. But a lot of my friends and family have been asking me to write a blog, since they wanna follow my journey. So here we go ... ... 

Around 2 month ago i quit my job, my apartment, and said goodbye to my everyday in Denmark, so i could follow my dream, and find my success in the Philippines. Since high school i've been planning to go to the Philippines and live here, and now i'm actually here. (A year ago i would never imagine my life like this

Well, i've already been here for 6 weeks now, and i've learned so much more than ever. Been meeting so many amazing people, with good hearts and my love to the Philippines have just been growing bigger, and I'm for sure not going home in 10 days which the plan actually where.  


What have I been doing for 6 weeks in the most beautiful country? 

I landed november 16 2013, and moved in to this amazing apartment in Manila (Malate) with the most beautiful view, unfortunately I startet by getting sick, so i didn't do much besides, laying in bed eating Skyflakes and drinking Gatorade. When i finally got better, i just relaxed by the pool, made a lot of shopping, eating delicious food, hanged out with some friends and what you els would do when you are on vacation ...

(Alpha grandview, Malate) 



But shopping and relaxing by the pool wasn't all I did .. 

The first weeks I helped different organizations/companies in Manila to pack a lot of supplies for the Yolanda victims. There I meet a lot of different new faces, but all with the same good heart. I Spend hours everyday packing from morning to evening. 


(Helping out for the Yolanda victims) 





I also did some charity events/christmas party for poor kids in the Philippines. Getting up early is not my thing, but it was all worth it after seeing all these kids smile. Love makin' people happy/smile and especially people who appreciates it. These kids really appreciated the day we made for them and all the school suppliers/toys they got, wish kids all over the world would have the same attitude when it comes to presents. Unfortunately they don't. But it warmed my heart to see these kids enjoying all the effort me and the others have been putting i the events. 


(Charity event/Christmas party)

 







December 17 i moved out of the apartment in Malate/Manila and went down to the region Bicol, to visit my family and celebrate christmas with them. For 10days I was more Filipina that I have ever been in my life. Things like eating with my hands, watching cockfight, playin' sungka with my cousins, going to the market everyday, been speaking more tagalog than ever and ect. 

Christmas was weird tho' or it was wonderful, but since it was my first Christmas away from my danish family and there where no snow/minus degrees outside or any danish Christmas food, it made me feel kinda weird inside, and i started to miss my family in Denmark. The Christmas spirit is here, but its not the same in Philippines as in Denmark.  2 days ago I left Bicol with bus, which was supposed to be 9 hours, but ended up being a 15 hour trip, since the bus broke down the middle of no where, and we got caught in the traffic. 


(Marayag, Buhi, Cam. Sur, Bicol) 

Now Im here in Boracay with my buddie King Bee to celebrate new years eve. After this my trip are going to Mindorro for the 2 time, to visit my childhood friend Sandra and her family. For now thats it. I shorted 1,5 month down, and didn't post all the pictures i have been taking. But els you should check out my Instagram. But hope you enjoyed my first post. My life just started a new chapter and I know ill be starting something new in 2014 .. 

(Boracay) 



No comments:

Post a Comment